Production Technician (5 openings)
6K Inc. is a high-growth, high-tech company focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The company’s two divisions 6K Energy and 6K Additive are focused on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage as well as additive manufacturing powders made from sustainable sources. The UniMelt® microwave plasma processing system is a disruptive technology that significantly lowers the environmental impact with far less energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions compared to other conventional material manufacturing processes. Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
6K was recently recognized by Forbes as Best Startup Employer for 2022. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $350M to date.
We are looking for a Production Technician who will work as part of a small team providing support in the integration and operation of various electrical and mechanical systems under development. This individual will have strong troubleshooting and technical skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of mechanical, electronics, and testing. The ideal candidate will provide meaningful contributions and will gain exposure to advanced technology while providing hands-on assessments and process revisions.
• Follow technical specifications, including safety and quality guidelines.
• Operate equipment and perform tasks assigned.
• Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording, and reporting data.
• Assemble, install, modify, clean, and maintain all production equipment.
• 1-3 years of related production experience within a manufacturing environment.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Positive attitude and the willingness to work as a member of the team.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner as a team member.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to work shifts on weekends and holidays in an industrial environment.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
• Must be able to operate a forklift (will train if needed).
• Must be able to work indoor and outdoor environments.
• Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and background check.
• Must be able to work at heights over 4 feet and use a fall arrest system.
• 100% employer paid benefits on day one.
• No cost life insurance
• Paid time off
• 3% retirement plan match, immediate vesting
• Full time
• 10-hour shift
• 12-hour shift
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Night shift
• Weekend availability
• Night Shift (Required)
• Day Shift (Required)
• Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.