Senior Process Technician/Jr Engineer
AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
The successful candidate will preferably have experience working with roll-to-roll coating equipment and/or lithium-ion batteries electrode materials. Experience with powder handling & conveying equipment is a plus. The incumbent is expected to be a self-motivated individual willing to perform hands on work in a dynamically changing environment.
The Senior Process Technician/Junior Engineer will work under the CTO and Director of Technology Development to operate and support optimization of a pilot coating line.
This position will be responsible for operating the pilot equipment, executing experiments, and documenting process information & results. The team will work together to develop a robust knowledge base.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Execute and document process trials on the pilot coating line
- Support the development of new and updated operating procedures
- Identify improvement opportunities for the process, equipment, & pilot space
- Support additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s, Associate’s, or certification in engineering, engineering technology, and/or demonstrated equivalence in relevant work experience
- Experience in an engineering lab or R&D environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word
- Ability to interpret process flow diagrams and engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and work collaboratively to solve problems
- Experience working with automated process equipment through human machine interfaces (HMIs) and controllers
- Ability to lift 50Ibs
- Experience working with roll-to-roll equipment, powder handling equipment, and/or hot presses
- Experience with lithium-ion battery materials or products
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 k plan
- Employee stock option