AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
At AM Batteries, the work environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and performance oriented. The Engineering Intern will work under the CTO and Director of Technology Development to operate and support optimization of a pilot coating line.
The intern is expected to be a self-motivated individual willing to perform hands on work in a dynamically changing environment. You will be responsible for operating the pilot equipment, executing experiments, and documenting process information & results. The team will work together to develop a robust knowledge base.
You will gain knowledge and experience regarding lithium-ion battery manufacturing techniques, material chemistries, and mechanical systems.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Execute and document process trials on the pilot coating line
- Support the development of new and updated operating procedures
- Identify improvement opportunities for the process, equipment, and pilot space
- Support additional projects as needed
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and work collaboratively to solve problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50Ibs
- Experience working in a lab setting
- Experience with lithium-ion battery materials or products