Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages approximately $1 billion in capital commitments, and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies with approximately $128m in committed capital. In 2019, we launched our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II, with $190m in committed capital and an expanded set of institutional investors. In early 2020, we launched our growth capital fund, Anzu RBI Preferred Mezzanine and became a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). In 2022, we closed our third fund with more than $200M in committed capital.
While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Europe, Singapore, and Australia. Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, engineering the world’s first high performance rare-earth free permanent magnets for sustainable electrification, and the life sciences, such as developing the highest resolution single-cell gene sequencing solution for understanding diseases and discovering treatments.
Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; San Diego, CA; Tampa, FL; and Washington, DC.
About the role
Anzu is looking for an Analyst to join our Investment Team who will be responsible for both portfolio support and investment support. A strong candidate will have a STEM background, some professional experience in an R&D or operations role, and enthusiasm for solving challenging practical problems. Business/finance background is not required. As a member of the Investment Team, you will have the opportunity to work with the leadership at breakthrough industrial tech and life sciences start-ups across our portfolio, gaining direct exposure to the early-stage venture capital ecosystem.
The Analyst’s primary role will be to support the development and growth of existing portfolio companies, both technically and strategically.
- Technical support includes analyzing R&D roadmaps, identifying potential pitfalls, and helping establish pre-emptive and/or reactive solutions.
- Strategic support includes business planning (aligning R&D roadmaps to budget projections), fundraising (preparing the company to speak with potential investors), market landscaping (identifying competitors, opportunities, etc.), and product commercial strategy development and execution.
The Analyst’s secondary role will be to support Anzu’s investment activities, including identifying and reviewing promising new Cleantech startups, performing due diligence, conducting market research, and other related activities.
Some of the high-tech companies in our portfolio with whom you will work include:
- AM Batteries (Li-ion batteries)
- e-Zinc (long duration energy storage)
- South 8 Technologies (Li-ion batteries)
- Xendee (software for energy infrastructure design)
- XGS Energy (renewable energy generation)
- And others
The position is based out of our Atlanta office and reports directly to the Investment Director.
- Develop strategies including commercial (e.g., product, channels, pricing, etc.), marketing, and operations for new and existing products and services.
- Analyze product fit to the target market and any potential adjustments needed.
- Leverage market data to create organized slide decks.
- Support due diligence efforts for prospective investments (e.g., assess business plans, conduct market scans and competitive analyses, help build financial models, and prepare investment memoranda) and contribute to managing the investment pipeline.
- Technology landscaping to uncover new trends and gaps in AI, renewable energy, materials science, and industrial processes.
- Support investment operations activities for the investment team such as venture capital fund planning and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- 1-3 years of industry experience, early-stage or startup company experience preferred.
- Be a “Swiss army knife” with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and industries using a strong technical foundation.
- Strong personal drive and ability to operate independently when needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, including Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to synthesize complex information and succinctly communicate it to different audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the industrial tech space.
- $90,000-$120,000 depending on experience