Summer Analyst, Hardware
Anzu Partners is an investment firm that focuses on industrial and life science technology companies with the potential to transform their industries. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages approximately $1 billion in capital commitments, and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies with approximately $128m in committed capital. In 2019, we launched our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II, with $190m in committed capital and an expanded set of institutional investors. In early 2020, we launched our growth capital fund, Anzu RBI Preferred Mezzanine and became a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). In 2022, we closed our third fund with more than $200M in committed capital.
While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Europe, Singapore, and Australia. Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, engineering the world’s first high performance rare-earth free permanent magnets for sustainable electrification, and the life sciences, such as developing the highest resolution single-cell gene sequencing solution for understanding diseases and discovering treatments.
Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in San Diego, CA, Boston, MA, Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA, and Tampa, FL.
About the role
Anzu is looking for a Summer Analyst to join our Investment Team who will be responsible for both portfolio and investment support.
Key activities in portfolio support include:
- Supporting fundraising activities for portfolio companies
- Analyzing product fit to the target market and any potential adjustments needed
- Developing commercial strategies (e.g. channels, pricing, etc.) for growing companies
Key activities in investment include:
- Conducting initial screening on potential investments
- Diligence with company, customer and competitor interviews when appropriate
- Analyzing financial projections and proposed deal terms
The position is based out of our San Diego office and reports directly to a Partner.
- Currently pursuing an MBA with a BS or MS degree in computer or hardware engineering, or related areas
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital
- Demonstrated strong academic ability
- Strong personal drive and ability to operate independently when needed
- Experience working with early-stage companies or startups preferred, but not required