Field Applications Engineer
One of the big challenges product manufacturers face is to meet the market demand for battery-operated, always-on, always-sensing products without sacrificing sensing capabilities, maintaining reasonable battery-life, and keeping data secure and local.
Aspinity's novel and patented analog machine learning (ML) solution marks a paradigm shift in the way sensor data is analyzed for a multitude of end-user applications. Just as the brain makes sense of its multi-modal sensory input by focusing higher-order cognition on salient characteristics, Aspinity enables developers to extract "sense" from sensors before the data is even digitized, which reduces power consumption and allows the system to focus higher power compute resources on relevant information. With already established applications to voice control, sound classification, machinery monitoring, and distributed power grid monitoring, Aspinity's programmable analog processing technology is positioned to be the key abstraction layer for the physical world at a time when new user interface paradigms (touch to voice to …) and new monitoring capabilities are transforming industries. Join us as we build this new analogML framework!
We are seeking Engineers that can work directly with our customers to help with their integration of Aspinity Products into their applications. This role covers the pre- and post-sales technical support of a wide range of use cases like IoT devices, wearables, industrial monitoring equipment, et cetera. The successful candidate will be working with customers through their qualification process to insure successful completion of customer design, evaluation, and qualification steps toward sales. The responsibilities include customer visits, customer design debug and problem solving. The FAE will also be involved in the early sales process providing product documentation and answering product questions. In addition, the responsibilities include creation of demos to aid in the sale of Aspinity Products as well as supporting various trade shows and events. Post-sales support includes handling of quality and failure analysis requests by customers. The position will require electronics lab work to test and provide added information to customers to help close orders. It reports to the VP of Sales and can be based in the SF Bay Area or in Pittsburgh. Significant travel to headquarters and customer sites is required.
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree required, MS Electrical Engineering degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in semiconductors or a related field, ideally in a customer facing role
- Knowledgeable in sensor signal chain in both Analog and Digital Systems
- Understands Embedded systems within that signal chain and can debug them
- Solid understanding of analog & digital design fundamentals, design tools, and methodologies. Part of your role will be to review Schematic and Board Layout
- Able to work directly with potential customers and provide a positive experience that aids in product design-in and increased sales
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively—including prioritizing tasks
- Ability to travel as needed (30% or more)
- Experience in Embedded C/C++ as well as Python/Octave/Matlab within signal processing, communications, multimedia or similar performance-oriented domains
- Experience with designing and debugging processor/SoC interfaces (e.g. USB, SPI, UART, I2C, I2S), both at an electrical and protocol-level
- Experience with wireless interfaces (e.g. BLE, 802.15.4, Wi-Fi) and IoT communication protocols (e.g. MQTT).
- Experience with signal processing—including machine learning, signal detection, and optimization techniques. Experience with analog signal processing is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following sensor application areas: audio/voice, vibration monitoring, touch/proximity, biosensing, electric/magnetic fields. Experience with embedded audio using DSPs/CODECs is a plus.
- Located in Silicon Valley CA or Pittsburgh PA
Something looks off?