Software Development Engineer
BioFlyte is introducing a revolutionary and disruptive new class of fieldable bio-threat sampling, detection, and identification solutions to significantly counter bioterrorism and other biohazards to save lives and protect business operations at the point-of-need. Our current focus is critical infrastructure protection for both the Commercial and Federal sectors. BioFlyte is seeking motivated individuals to join our team to participate in building and scaling our company as we move from pre- production to broader commercialization.
We are looking for a mid-level software developer who will be responsible for both driving and supporting software development tasks for BioFlyte’s suite of hardware products. You will be reporting to the VP Engineering. These devices are network enabled embedded Linux systems serving their user interface as web applications and sending telemetry data to Azure cloud-based services.
What you’ll do:
- Build out software features to improve the usability and reliability of BioFlyte's mass spectrograph.
- Work with the product and backend teams to design and develop a data store and reporting service for telemetry data.
- Implement Azure-based administrative, technician, and customer-facing applications for managing and monitoring hardware products in the field.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to prioritize, define, design, deliver, and release software patches, fixes, bugs, and functions in a timely manner.
- Develop manufacturing test scripts for sub-assembly functional tests, final product assurance, and automating acceptance testing.
- Be involved in maintenance updates, creating data repositories, and updates for FW changes.
- Build off the existing software stack to network enable a new aerosol particle counter product.
- Employ and expand upon automated testing while building and improving features.
What we need:
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience with a focus on full stack web development.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent additional experience.
- Experience with Python, SQL databases and common python libraries and testing frameworks.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Linux OS familiarity. Experience with Raspberry Pi/Raspbian is desired but not required.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing security requirements for network enabled IOT devices communicating with the cloud.
- Experience implementing software/firmware control algorithms on embedded, real-time systems.
- Proficiency in relational database concepts, data modeling and design, and data integration.
- Experience in following best practices in writing reliable and maintainable code that may be used by many other engineers.
What would also be great:
- Experience conducting advanced penetration testing of IOT devices and applications
- Experience evaluating, developing and enhancing security requirements, policy and tools.
- Experience building products in the security, health/medical, or financial space