Bioskyrb Genomics is a biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC. We develop advanced technology products that enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows in both the research and clinical space, using our proprietary genome amplification system. BioSkyrb makes this breakthrough technology available to customers in the form of consumable kits and libraries, informatics software, and related services.
Bioskryb’s core technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low nucleic acid multiomics applications in diverse market focus areas like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and inherited disease genomics.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our exciting, fast-growing company to help with product development initiatives, product launch strategy and execution, and market intelligence gathering and reporting.
- Manage the product lifecycle from conceptualization through commercial release
- Develop product roadmaps with milestones and deliverables
- Work closely with product stakeholders to define product features and performance metrics to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Work with the product marketing manager on surveillance for new product opportunities
- Maintain a constant review process to evaluate opportunities for product enhancements and cost reduction strategies
- Own the new product initiation and feasibility study process
- Manage product plans and drive the stage gate process for product development and commercial release
- Draft technical product documents, such as user guides and technical notes
- Define product key features and work with sales and marketing to draft corresponding messaging
- Direct a cross-function team including R&D, sales, marketing and support teams focused on product success
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand
- Work closely with project management and new product development to meet timelines and product goals
- Conduct competitive analysis and help gather market intelligence
- Work with production and operations to manage inventory and supply chain
- Proven success in developing and launching new products
- In-depth knowledge of NGS assays and workflows, particularly with single cells
- Experience developing and implementing strategic product plans
- Skilled in working with different business functions and effectively coordinating their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent organizational skills and effective at managing multiple projects at once
- Must be a strong public speaker and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Must thrive in a dynamic role and be very self-motivated and independent.
- Preference for local candidates.
- PhD degree required, preferably in molecular genomics.
- Experience with promoting life science products and services and familiarity with the biotechnology and medical research fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in brand/product management, technical product communications and customer engagement