Senior Manager of Product Marketing
BioSkyrb Genomics is a biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC. We develop advanced technology products that enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows in both the research and clinical space, using our proprietary genome amplification system. BioSkyrb makes this breakthrough technology available to customers in the form of consumable kits and libraries, informatics software, and related services. BioSkryb’s core technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low nucleic acid multiomics applications in diverse market focus areas like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and inherited disease genomics.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Product Marketing to join our exciting, fast-growing company to help with marketing of our core products, including ResolveDNA, ResolveOME, BaseJumper and Custom Services.
The Product Marketing Manager is a key member of the broader Marketing team and will partner with our Sales and Product Management teams to create messaging, content, and assets that effectively communicate key advantages that our solutions have and support the buying journey. It will have ownership for a major product family, participate in sales enablement (training) and content creation (white papers, ebooks, case studies, blogs, etc. in collaboration with members of the Scientific Engagement team as needed).
This role provides an opportunity to impact BioSkryb’s marketing and sales success and productivity, product messaging, product planning, and marketing strategies. You will serve as the expert on the personas and capabilities of the solutions for which you are responsible. You will serve as the subject matter expert for our Sales and Marketing teams on your products, providing insights on how to speak about the value and differentiation of those solutions. The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, innovative environment and brings experience in various facets of product marketing, particularly content creation.
The candidate will be located remotely and based in the US. This position reports to the Senior Director, Scientific Engagement.
- Understand the buyers, market definition and dynamics, including the competitive landscape by performing research and analysis using primary (customer, partner) and secondary (analyst, sales) sources.
- Work with peers in Marketing to define the buyer’s journey to build and maintain a holistic content strategy that helps prospects and customers find compelling information that leads them to speak with sales.
- Using a market-in approach, build the right messaging, positioning, value, and differentiation that addresses buyer needs and establishes why BioSkryb products are the best solution.
- Build and deliver content such as protocols, whitepapers, blog posts, sales collateral, and other content assets that support the buyer and customer journeys.
- Develop key positioning and messaging associated with customer segment values.
- Working with your peers, translate the company’s business objectives, market opportunities, and product portfolio into a cohesive go-to-market plan, through work with the broader Marketing team and Product Management.
- In conjunction with Product Managers, lead the product launch process and own release campaigns, communications, and materials for your products.
- Assist in driving sales enablement by creating compelling resources, training, and tools that align to buyer needs and our value and differentiation.
- Actively manage relationships with key stakeholders across a global team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of full-time work experience in Product/Content Marketing in biotech, with a strong preference for experience in single-cell technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortability writing for and speaking to a wide array of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in creating collateral using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Self-starter mindset for thriving in a dynamic environment and where you can work independently under little supervision, with excellent organizational skills supporting the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.