BioSkyrb Genomics is a biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC. We develop advanced technology products that enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows in both the research and clinical space, using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb makes this breakthrough technology available to customers in the form of consumable kits and libraries, informatics software, and related services. BioSkryb’s core technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low nucleic acid multiomics applications in diverse market focus areas like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and inherited disease genomics.
We are presently seeking an Accountant to join our exciting, fast-growing company.
- Responsible for all aspects of general accounting, including Sales Order/Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Expense Report Processing
- Receive customer orders, verify information, and confirm orders.
- Coordinate shipping schedule with customer, sales team and shipping department.
- Generate packing slips and customer invoices.
- Review aging reports and follow up with customers regarding overdue balances.
- Completing credit applications for new vendors.
- Ensure vendor invoices are processed in accordance with authorization and approval policies
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Process expense reports and analyze expenses to evaluate compliance with policy.
- Maintain accounting/corporate records by utilizing paperless filing and retrieval system ensuring past and current records are available as needed and attach documents within the financial system.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting, as well as assist with annual audits.
- Assist in creating and documenting processes and monitoring of internal controls.
- Other additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and knowledge base:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Accounting degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM is preferred, experience with ZOHO is beneficial.
- Motivated to quickly assume ownership of the position
- Must be accurate and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex and fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across the organization, up and down the ladder of seniority
- Works both independently and with a team