Senior Computational Biologist
BioSkryb Genomics is a biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC. We develop advanced technology products that enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows in both the research and clinical space, using our proprietary genome amplification system. BioSkryb makes this breakthrough technology available to customers in the form of consumable kits and libraries, bioinformatics software, and related services. BioSkryb’s core technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. This concept is demonstrated to work for multiple -omes (transcriptome/proteome) being measured from the same cell.
We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low nucleic acid multiomics applications in diverse market focus areas like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and inherited disease genomics. This unique composition of molecular data provides unique insights within the single-cell landscape and creates datasets beyond many currently available analysis methodologies. A senior-level computational biologist is requested to help enable extrapolation of these cellular multiomic markers and place them into the context of biological mechanisms.
- Expertly analyze multiomic data in the support of identifying biological phenomenon and aid in discovery of biomarker patterns.
- Actively drive research with internal and external collaborators, resulting in publications and conference-ready material.
- Routinely present results to internal and external stakeholders in written and presentation format.
- Develop documentation of experimental analyses plans and specifications and, as appropriate, coordinate activities across analysis teams.
- Generate novel tools, workflows or statistical learning models as necessary.
- Provide training and mentorship to interns and junior staff across company.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Statistics, Genomics or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing NGS data: genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic, proteomic from multiple technology platforms.
- Track record of independent research projects and development/execution of experimental design and scientific method.
- Familiarity with NGS data (short/long read sequencers) and analysis in a high-performance compute environment.
- Familiarity with setting up environments that leverage bioinformatics software and tools (GitHub / conda / docker)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills provided to external groups.
- Demonstrated ability toggle between leadership and collaboration in team environments.
- Experience with Linux and common command line tools.
- Above all, the ability and willingness to learn new skills and solve new challenges.
- Understanding of cellular biology and/or cancer biology
- Familiarity with multi-omic datasets (genome, transcriptome, proteome) and ability to pull data from available genomics repositories.
- Background research in cellular heterogeneity, single cell genomics or in algorithm application and development in these fields.
- Complex data visualization across data sets and data types (R ggplot/plotly, Python Matplotlib/seaborn).
- History of publications or collateral for scientific products or concepts (white papers, tech notes, brochures, etc.).
- Research in detection of markers in epigenetic datasets.
- Experience operating in cloud environment, preferably AWS .
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Potential travel out of office < 15% of time.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.