Vice President of Sales, Asia
BioSkyrb Genomics is a biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC. We develop advanced technology products that enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows in both the research and clinical space, using our proprietary genome amplification system. BioSkyrb makes this breakthrough technology available to customers in the form of consumable kits and libraries, informatics software, and related services. BioSkryb’s core technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low nucleic acid multiomics applications in diverse market focus areas like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and inherited disease genomics.
We are seeking a Vice President of Sales for Asia to join our exciting, fast-growing company to help with establishing the commercial organization across Asia.
The main role of this leadership position is to establish and grow BioSkryb’s business in Asia, especially in key markets by engaging customers and strategic partners. This position is also tasked with building a great commercial team to ensure customer satisfaction and success which leads to continued growth of BioSkryb’s business. The VP of Sales will implement sales, marketing and support strategies that strengthen the company’s foothold in Asia and expands company’s customer base and business growth. The VP of Sales is expected to employ the best analytics for the detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to the senior management. This role requires the leader to be highly collaborative internally and externally which will help to align and build strong relationships with key customers and partners. This role provides an opportunity for aspiring commercial leaders with proven track record to build a great team and grow the business with one of the most exciting and innovative company.
The candidate must reside in Asia, especially in countries where we will have major business eg China, Japan, Australia, South Korea or Singapore. This position reports SVP of Global Sales.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and embodies company’s mission and vision in front of our customers.
- Develop and execute all plans and strategies for growing the business, expand customer base and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Work collaboratively across teams - including R&D, Marketing and Finance
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage by tracking it in the company’s CRM.
- Develop and foster close partnerships and relationships with key customers across Asia.
- Understand market trends, economic indicators, competitors and consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them.
- Create a great team of sales, support and regional marketing, set objectives, coach and mentor the team.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Asia and projecting expected sales volumes for existing and new products.
- Build best in class support and regional marketing team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- 10 – 15 years of full-time work experience in genomics sales is a prerequisite
- Have managed sales, support and marketing teams.
- Proven record of success with the entire sales process, from planning to closing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- Ability to travel at least 40% of the time.
- Self-starter mindset for thriving in a dynamic environment and where you can work independently under little supervision, with excellent organizational skills supporting the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.