Field Application Scientist APAC
BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single-cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core technology, primary template-directed amplification (PTA), enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single-cell and low-input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like Cancer Genomics, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), Neurology, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Field Application Scientist (APAC) to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to provide outstanding application support to our customers and collaborators.
The FAS is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction and building customer relationships and advocacy while providing technical support for all BioSkryb solutions, platforms, instruments, software and chemistry. To ensure the FAS has ample product expertise the FAS will have significant interaction with the product experts at BioSkryb HQ and will partner with the regional Asia sales team to ensure support actions are driving towards commercial needs as well as nurturing high value customers to drive advocacy for further market penetration of all BioSkryb product solutions in Asia.
- Provide broad scientific and technical support to new and existing customers through virtual and on-site visits.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with customers.
- Be a subject matter expert in the field of single-cell genomic analysis, multi-omic analysis and spatial analysis
- Show good awareness of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies including third generation NGS
- Support the sales organization in potential high value customer pre-sales situations e.g., technology presentations, demonstrations (wet and dry) to help secure new customers
- Support customers within the region with “white glove” application support via onsite, remote training as well as ensuring continued success with BioSkryb products to ensure (with the sales team) repeat business without technical obstacles.
- Conduct presentations (seminars, conference presentations, workshops and remote/virtual) on all technologies and products
- Conduct software and hardware demonstrations at customer sites, tradeshows, scientific meetings and remote/virtual activities to showcase the BioSkryb data analysis offering.
- Maintain customer relationships and post-sales technical support for the technology.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of customer applications; communicate novel applications and publications or presentations.
- Conduct customer sample evaluations
- Support customer success by applying BioSkryb technologies to their specific research areas or applications.
- Interact with the R&D, Bioinformatics, and Marketing teams to facilitate new application development and new product launches.
Desired Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; MS with 3 years of experience; BA/BS with 5 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques required; cell culture and flow cytometry/FACS experience.
- Broad knowledge of applied genomics, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Single-cell laboratory experience.
- 2+ years customer facing experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrixed team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint and Word, prior experience with CRM software.
- Ability to manage a large territory.
- Good driving record and current passport required.
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
Must be able to travel up to 80%
Primary Work Location:
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.