Technical Sales Specialist (Europe)
BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single-cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core technology, primary template-directed amplification (PTA), enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single-cell and low-input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like Cancer Genomics, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), Neurology, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Technical Sales Specialist (Europe) to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to provide outstanding application support our customers and collaborators.
The TSS is responsible for enhancing visibility and adoption of BioSkryb products (consumables, instruments and software) and services while ensuring customer satisfaction by working as part of a team with the Field Application Specialists to create repeat orders and key opinion leader advocacy. The TSS will also build strong customer relationships while selling proprietary/advanced technology products and services in the defined area. The successful applicant will require five or more years of sales experience with an advanced degree preferred. Additionally, they must have proven knowledge in single-cell omics, multi-omics and spatial analysis with strong knowledge of genomic sequencing / molecular biology applications.
Main tasks (primary responsibilities) of the TSS:
Sales Revenue/Budgets (Sales Quota) – Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned territory across reagents, instruments, software and services. Qualify opportunities and negotiate volume, contractual (standing orders) for high volume opportunities in single-cell DNA sequencing sample preparation and provide reliable and dependable forecasting up to 3 quarters in advance.
Mobilize regional (e.g., FAS) and international (e.g., product management, marketing communications and R&D) to ensure the correct information, tools are provided to generate good leads, nurture prospects and work the opportunities to commercial success.
- Strategy – Implementation a sales territory plan for assigned territory. Focus on high value markets (e.g., cancer, neurology, cardiology, immunology) and segments (e.g., bioprocessing, toxicology and microbiome) and work to the territory plan to acquire new customers and drive quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year growth
- Customer Focus – Through consultative selling, enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Maintain and develop strong relationships with key customers and references. Leverage strong customer relations to drive for advocacy and work as a champion for BioSkryb to drive broader utilization of our products and services by hosting institutional seminars/webinars and access to key consortia in the single-cell market(s).
- Sales Methodology – Develop and integrate an effective portfolio business plan with appropriate team members in the assigned territory. Perform pre-call planning and/or coordinating with FAS for increased sales effectiveness
- Conduct seminars/exhibitions and increase number of strategic partnerships within market. Communicate market information through business teams, CRM market feedback, and/or other approved channels.
- Involve and support team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Daily use of CRM database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines. Utilize communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units.
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
Position area requirements, qualifications and experiences:
- Education level – minimum of Bachelor of Science (advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred)
- 2-3 years of relevant lab experience
- Proven track record of 3 to 5 years of directly related sales experience
- Technical expertise in defined specialist market with broad knowledge of molecular biology based products (e.g., single-cell platforms, NGS, real time PCR)
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Sell to academia, industry and bio-pharma clients
- Sell against competitors in assigned marketplace
- Drive adoption of new technologies through key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
- Considered globally as a key knowledge holder for specific markets or applications including:
- Proprietary technologies, Consortiums and industry standards
- Differentiating features and benefits of competitors products
- Networks of key opinion leaders in single-cell genomics
- Contributes to Sales and Marketing product development including:
- Provide market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
- Develop sales materials to drive business objective
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.