Senior Hardware Validation and Test Engineer
CytoTronics is disrupting biology wet-lab workflows with its innovative engineering approach. Leveraging semiconductors, our proprietary microchip consolidates functionalities from incumbent technologies into every well of a microplate. With significant improvements to resolution and parallelism, we enable applications never before possible and give customers the power to scale assays to unprecedented throughputs.
As the Senior Hardware Validation & Test Engineer at CytoTronics you should have hands-on design experience in complex PCBs and tooling used for validation and test of custom PCB assemblies. This role also requires experiences with semiconductor testing for custom Mixed Signal ASICs, including specifying test hardware, and defining test methodology based on ASIC specifications.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for an experienced Systems/IC test/product engineer seeking to cross into the rapidly growing biotechnology sector and enjoy the fast-moving pace of start-up environment.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This is an on-site role at our Boston office, requiring in-person attendance multiple days a week.
• Define, design, simulate, layout and validate on the bench various PCB assemblies including test hardware PCBs for IC ATE Test and IC bench characterization.
• Document all PCB design methods and specifications, present design information at design reviews.
• Develop clear, detailed test plans for PCB assemblies and ASICs based on the design specifications to ensure robust and repeatable system performance.
• Specify, procure, and maintain Electrical Test laboratory equipment. Define and establish test and characterization procedures for Electrical Test laboratory.
• Interface with external IC Test vendors, PCB fabricators, and Assembly facilities.
• BS degree with 7+ years, MS degree with 5+ years of industry experience in hardware development and semiconductor test.
• Proven track record of system and subsystem electrical test for complex electronic assemblies. Hands-on knowledge of yield analysis (CP, CPk).
• Experience with Mixed Signal IC Test flow including ATE test program development and instrumentation.
• Experience with PCB design tools: schematic, layout, simulation – Altium, KiCad or similar.
• Experience with complex PCB design techniques: multilayer assemblies, high-speed differential signaling, HDI PCB stack-ups, COB.
• Experience with analyzing and debugging PCB assemblies on the bench including signal integrity and power integrity analysis.
• Experience with using Electrical Test and Measurement instrumentation: oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, precision voltage and current sources, filters, etc.
• Experience with running and maintaining an Electrical Test Laboratory.
Additional desirable skills
• Experience with Quality Control Systems and documentation is a plus.
• Experience with IC Qualification for ESD and Latch-up is a plus.
• Familiarity with industry standard system quality standards, CE, UL, ISO, FCC and others is a plus.
• Experience with industry standard system USB debug interfaces like FTDI or similar is a plus.
• Experience with FPGA programming is a plus (Xilinx Virtix/Zynq).
• Proficiency with Python, C/C++, MATLAB, VBA, etc. is a plus.
• Experience releasing a product to overseas manufacturing (travel is possible)
The people that we seek have:
• An openness to other ideas, approaches, and methods
• Failures that exposed learning moments and insights to build upon
• Ability to communicate as part of a broader vessel – not an isolationist.
• The end goal in mind – we are building a business not just a technology.
• A passion to build a venture, not just show up for a job or task.
CytoTronics is an equal employment opportunity employer in the United States.