Director, Product Reliability and Test
e-Zinc is an energy storage venture based in Toronto with a breakthrough technology poised to disrupt the market. As the global energy grid moves to higher levels of penetration of renewable energy, there will be an exponential increase in demand for low-cost, flexible, long-duration energy storage. This is the market targeted by e-Zinc, the first in the world to “metalize” electricity.
e-Zinc is on an incredible trajectory, which is illustrated by many significant funding and award milestones that recognize its unique technology and strong business plan, including:
- Raised more than CAD $75M in equity
- Investors include Toyota Ventures, Eni Next, BDC, Evok Innovations, and Anzu Partners
- Named to the Global Cleantech 100 two years in a row (2022 and 2023) as one of the top 100 most promising cleantech companies across the world
- $1M grand prize winner of Impact Canada's Charging the Future Challenge
- Won a $1.6M grant through Breakthrough Energy Solutions Canada
- Awarded a $2M grant from Sustainable Technology Development Canada
- Won a USD $1.3M grant through California Energy Commission
Now that the company is well-capitalized, e-Zinc is now looking to expand its talented team to bring its technology to market to support the renewable energy transformation.
e-Zinc is searching for an experienced and talented Direction of Product Verification & Test to work with the operation’s team based out of our Etobicoke and Mississauga facilities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position will develop and manage e-Zinc’s reliability program and play a critical role in bringing our technology to market.
- Responsible for the validation and reliability of e-Zinc’s products by leading a team of experienced validation and reliability engineers to continually improve methods, capabilities, and models, resulting in the reduction of field returns, occurrences and required maintenance
- Develop and drive a detailed validation and reliability strategy that supports product schedules and strategic business objectives
- Be the subject matter expert and coach the team in the latest techniques and best practices in Validation and Reliability, leveraging a deep experience in DFR, HALT, HASS, ORT
- Work with Test Engineers, to ensure that all specified requirements have been verified or validated prior to production launch
- Drive e-Zinc’s Reliability Program including the use of accelerated testing methodologies in the discovery of potential issues early in product development and partner with Engineering to DFR with margin
- Drive planning and execution of reliability testing of components, modules, and system to demonstrate achievement of reliability requirements within product time-to-market goals and for ongoing production
- Lead the process to drive reliability failures to root cause resolution and validate corrective actions are effective
- Develop and deploy test status, tracking and reporting tools, including validation testing dashboard
- Manage equipment and lab space across multiple sites, including calibration and maintenance
- Participate in design reviews to provide inputs to validation and verification testing and interpretation of test results
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or related field
- Mastery of Quality and/or on complex electromechanical systems including automotive, with extensive experience leading quality, reliability, validation, or engineering teams
- Experience with Python, Zephyr, TM4J, Minitab/JMP, Splunk, Tableau
- Motivated to strive and succeed in a start-up environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Personal accountability and commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Prior Automotive experience with familiarity with TS 16949
- Six Sigma & ASQ Certifications
- Prior experience in renewables, storage, and Battery reliability programs
Studies show that individuals in underrepresented groups tend to not apply for roles if they feel they do not meet all the listed criteria. If you find you are passionate about a role and meet a good portion of the items listed, we encourage you to apply!
At e-Zinc we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where we consider, celebrate, and embrace diversity. We thrive in an environment of mutual respect and welcome all applicants.