At InterVenn, we believe no one should be blindsided by disease. Our technology enables and empowers the understanding of Glycoproteomics, a new clinical layer of biology beyond the genome, using a simple blood draw. InterVenn’s powerful solutions will broaden humankinds’ perception and interpretation of diseases like cancer. We look forward to having new members join our team who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds, challenge the status quo, and are solution oriented. If this is you, read-on and apply. Together, maybe we can change the world.
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking talented, experienced and self-driven analytical chemistry experts to join our highly collaborative and supportive team. The desired candidates would have experience in the field of mass spectrometry- based analysis of proteins and peptides. Their work will enable commercial launching of epi- proteomics clinical biomarker assays.
- Collaborate with other science team members to discover, develop and implement innovative capabilities for InterVenn biomarker research platform.
- Independently design and execute experiments related to glycoproteomics quantitation.
- Lead laboratory operations in sample preparation, mass spectrometric analysis, and data analysis in support of internal and external research projects.
- Develop, optimize, standardize, validate, and scale LC/MS analytical methods for glycoproteomics quantitation.
- Prepare final reports, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for internal and external use.
- Ensure analytical equipment is maintained in good working order; troubleshoot and perform minor repairs as needed.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Train and supervise junior researchers.
- Contribute to scientific discussions at internal science team meetings.
- Present project updates to core teams and leadership teams.
- Lead efforts for InterVenn scientific publications.
- Present data at scientific conferences.
- PhD or MD with 2+ years of relevant research experience or BS/MS degree with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of scientific aspects and methods for LC-MS-based analysis of proteins and peptides.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of mass spectrometers.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in complex sample preparation methodologies (e.g., protein mass spectrometry workflows, quantitative mass spectrometry-based strategies).
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines.
- Authorship on peer-reviewed journal publications.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested in learning and developing novel data solutions and applications.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving goals.
- Experience/knowledge of cGMP/GLP procedures is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis (FDA, CLSI, CAP) is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, and a flexible and mindful team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Salary range: $130,000-$140,000
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision
- Stock options
- Flexible time off policy
- Phone stipend
- Onsite gym
- Catered lunches
- EV parking
- BART/Caltrain/Ferry Shuttle
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to InterVenn’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at InterVenn.