Applications Engineer Intern
Liquid Instruments is a fast-growing tech company making products for students, engineers, and scientists to enable them to learn, create, and discover. Founded by a team of scientists at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, our team developed ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves and has deep expertise in high-speed digital signal processing. We used the technology to create a new breed of software-defined instrumentation for test and measurement that enables users to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Our platforms combine the processing power and reconfigurability of an FPGA with intuitive user interfaces, delivering a breakthrough combination of versatility, performance, and cost.
About the Role:
Liquid Instruments is looking for interns/Co-Ops to join its Applications Engineering team. The role is based in our Del Mar office. LI’s Applications Engineers work directly with the technical engineering, sales, and marketing teams to influence application and product development through the voice of the customer. The Applications Engineering Intern will assess feasibility of applications, conduct internal and customer studies on new and existing products, and provide customers with technical support.
Key activities include:
- Work with customers in development of software measurement solutions through supported programming languages: Python, LabVIEW, MATLAB
- Work closely with potential and existing customers to develop hardware and software solutions to their measurement challenges
- Create documentation such as application notes, instruction manuals, and technical documents to improve communication with a broader set of customers
- Provide front line end user support for multiple clients and ensure accurate and timely resolution
- Spot trends and devise long-term solutions to recurring problems, escalating issues as needed
- Funnel customer feedback to business and engineering teams to help us understand how to best serve our customers
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Physics. Other Engineering / STEM degrees will be considered.
- Programming skills in at least one of: Python, MATLAB, LabVIEW, C/C++, VHDL/Verilog
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to synthesize customer specifics into actionable information