Niron Magnetics is a venture-backed start-up developing the only known magnetic material with the potential to displace widely used rare earth permanent magnets. These rare earth permanent magnets are found in electric motors, generators, sensors, actuators, and a variety of everyday machines. Unfortunately, the mining and refining of these materials incur harsh social and environmental costs. Niron Magnetics has developed a magnetic material that is free of rare earth minerals, which eliminates the environmental damage caused by their use. Niron is comprised of a team of engineers and scientists with a desire to make a positive impact in our community.
Niron is seeking a Vacuum Systems Machine Technician for its industrial Lab, located in Minneapolis, MN. This individual will be responsible for operating complex equipment for advanced materials production. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and will have experience working with vacuum equipment, most likely with a background in semiconductor manufacturing equipment such as CVD, PVD, or ALD tools.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading, operating, and unloading iron nitride powder production tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Support maintenance of the iron nitride powder production tools, including performing preventative maintenance, supporting troubleshooting, spares and sustaining.
- Collect and evaluate operating data and work with engineering to determine process adjustments to ensure optimal process performance.
- Identify possible improvements to standard operating procedures and work with engineering to evaluate and potential qualify any procedural changes.
- Address powder spills or emergencies and implement the appropriate resolution.
- Read and follow all safety rules, standard operating procedures, and maintenance instructions.
- Technical 2-year degree or greater with a focus in vacuum technology
- 3 – 4 years of experience operating vacuum and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment (CVD, PVD, PECVD, LPCVD, ALD, etc.)
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment, up to 25 lbs.
- HAZMAT and/or Emergency Response training
- Highly collaborative, enjoys working within a diverse team environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to self-direct, troubleshoot basic problems, and address root causes
- Attentive to details
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity position in Niron
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Mental healthcare
- Life insurance, long and short term disability
- Experience in a venture backed start-up