Niron Magnetics is a venture-backed start-up developing the only known magnetic material with the potential to displace widely used rare earth permanent magnets. These rare earth permanent magnets are found in electric motors, generators, sensors, actuators, and a variety of everyday machines. They are critical to the green economy. Unfortunately, the mining and refining of these materials incur harsh social and environmental costs. Further, reliance on rare earths represents a strategic supply chain risk, vulnerable to geopolitical interference and projected supply shortages.
Niron’s Clean Earth Magnet® is free of critical materials (including rare earth elements), which eliminates the environmental damage caused by their use. It is made up of abundant, commodity inputs enabling a secure supply chain. Niron is comprised of a team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders with a desire to make a positive impact in our community.
Niron is supported by both the U.S. Department of Energy and the Department of Defense. Strategic investors include Volvo Cars and Western Digital Capital. Financial investors include Anzu Partners and Artiman Ventures. We are growing our team as we commercialize the Clean Earth Magnet®.
About the Position
As the Marketing Lead at Niron Magnetics, you will play a pivotal role in bringing a once-in-a-generation magnetic materials breakthrough to market. You will be a critical member of the Commercial team, taking the lead role in developing, coordinating, and executing the company’s marketing strategy.
Your work will empower Niron’s customers – which include Top 5 companies in industrial motors, speakers, electric vehicles, consumer appliances, and the full spectrum of magnet-using industries – to understand the Clean Earth Magnet value proposition and incorporate this novel material into their product roadmaps.
Your work will support Niron’s government affairs efforts, educating key public sector decision-makers on the importance of rare earth alternatives to supply chain security, geopolitical risk mitigation, & environmental sustainability.
Your work will raise awareness with investors, ensuring that Niron’s progress and promise are understood by those looking to generate a return on groundbreaking clean energy technology.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and Execute Marketing Strategies: Create comprehensive marketing strategies that align with Niron's goals and target audiences.
- Team Leadership: Lead the relationship with Niron’s external marketing and public relations team. Grow the internal Niron marketing team as the organization scales.
- Support B2B Business Development: Drive B2B lead generation initiatives with a focus on higher quality and lower volume, coordinate exhibition at industry conferences, develop assets to support Business Development (e.g., brochures, white papers).
- Brand Building: Develop and maintain the startup's brand identity, ensuring consistency across all marketing materials and channels to enhance brand recognition and reputation in the B2B market.
- Market Awareness and Innovation: Stay current with industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies in the magnetic materials space and in B2B marketing, applying this knowledge to innovate and maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Budget Management: Manage the marketing budget effectively, allocating resources to initiatives that deliver the highest impact on Niron’s marketing goals.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you will report to the Senior Director of Niron’s Commercial Team. The position will be most compelling for those with an interest in clean technology, hardware innovation, and high-growth start-ups.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing leader in a B2B environment; preference for fast-paced environment and experience in the materials industry.
- Strong strategic mindset and project management skills with the ability to create and execute B2B marketing plans.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including Business Development, Technology, and Government Affairs.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing B2B go-to-market marketing strategies for new products or services.
- A track record of driving brand awareness and customer acquisition with business customers for technical products, considering unique challenges and opportunities.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and CRM systems.
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing strategies tailored for B2B, including SEO, SEM, email marketing, and social media.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and adaptability in an evolving start-up environment.
- Results-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of compliance and ethical standards, including GDPR and other relevant regulations.
- A portfolio of successful campaigns and projects that showcase your skills and achievements in this domain.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity position in Niron
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Mental healthcare
- Life insurance, long and short term disability
- Experience in a venture backed start-up
For more information on Niron:
Recent Coverage: Forbes – Inside the Startup Whose Technology Promises an American Energy Transformation (https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2023/06/13/inside-the-startup-whose-technology-promises-an-american-energy-transformation/?sh=72b8dfba6135)