Niron Magnetics is a venture-backed start-up developing the only known magnetic material with the potential to displace widely used rare earth permanent magnets. These rare earth permanent magnets are found in electric motors, generators, sensors, actuators, and a variety of everyday machines. Unfortunately, the mining and refining of these materials incur harsh social and environmental costs.
Niron Magnetics has developed a magnetic material that is free of critical materials (including rare earth elements), which eliminates the environmental damage caused by their use. Niron is comprised of a team of engineers and scientists with a desire to make a positive impact in our community.
About the Position
Niron is seeking a Maintenance Technician for its Industrial Lab, located in Minneapolis, MN. This individual will be responsible for operating and maintaining complex equipment for advanced materials production. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and will have experience working with vacuum equipment, most likely with a background in semiconductor manufacturing equipment such as CVD, PVD, or ALD tools, or spray drying equipment.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of the iron nitride powder production tools, including performing preventative maintenance, supporting troubleshooting, spares and sustaining.
- Troubleshoot and maintain other manufacturing and R&D equipment as required.
- Identify possible improvements to standard operating procedures and work with engineering to evaluate and potential qualify any procedural changes.
- Perform other facility maintenance and repair duties as required.
- Address powder spills or emergencies and implement the appropriate resolution; membership in Emergency Response Team will be required.
- Read and follow all safety rules, standard operating procedures, and maintenance instructions.
- Technical 2-year degree or greater
- Experience operating vacuum, semiconductor manufacturing equipment (CVD, PVD, PECVD, LPCVD, ALD, etc.), or spray drying equipment
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment, up to 25 lbs
- HAZWOPER and/or Emergency Response training preferred.
- Highly collaborative, enjoys working within a diverse team environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to self-direct, troubleshoot basic problems, and address root causes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Attentive to details
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity position in Niron via stock option grant
- 401k plan with company match
- Mental healthcare support including therapeutic care
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Experience in a fun, high-performing, venture-backed startup