Niron Magnetics is a venture-backed start-up developing the only known magnetic material with the potential to displace widely used rare earth permanent magnets. These rare earth permanent magnets are found in electric motors, generators, sensors, actuators, and a variety of everyday machines. Unfortunately, the mining and refining of these materials incur harsh social and environmental costs.
Niron Magnetics has developed a magnetic material that is free of critical materials (including rare earth elements), which eliminates the environmental damage caused by their use. Niron is comprised of a team of engineers and scientists with a desire to make a positive impact in our community.
About the Position
Niron is seeking a Master Electrician for its Industrial Lab, located in Minneapolis, MN. This individual will be responsible for supporting site electrical requirements including the installation of complex equipment for advanced materials production. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong technical skills and can prioritize between competing requirements. They should be a self-starter who can develop plans from scratch and work independently but also able to collaborate with a team.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as Niron Magnetics' electrical master of record; obtain electrical permits and coordinate inspections as required; support and train other employees as required.
- Plan, install, alter, maintain, inspect/test, and repair electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment including building, manufacturing, and other equipment; review and comment on electrical plans prepared by others prior to implementing.
- Support electrical troubleshooting of building, manufacturing, tools, and other equipment.
- Wire and support low-voltage systems including the fire alarm system, building automation system, security, etc.
- Update and maintain site electrical drawings.
- Coordinate work with internal stakeholders and external contractors as required.
- Ensure the electrical safety of Niron employees and equipment through effective oversight of electrical work and establishing proper preventative maintenance procedures.
- Develop electrical bills of materials for projects and work with others to purchase materials.
- Identify possible improvements to standard operating procedures and work with engineering to evaluate and potential qualify any procedural changes.
- VFD and controls programming experience preferred.
- Perform other facility maintenance and repair duties as required.
- Address powder spills or emergencies and implement the appropriate resolution; membership in Emergency Response Team will be required.
- Read and follow all safety rules, standard operating procedures, and maintenance instructions.
- Licensed Master Electrician Class A.
- Expert in NFPA 70E (National Electric Code), State Electrical Code, and other applicable codes, rules, and/or regulations.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Proficient in reading construction drawings, electrical specifications, and one-line diagrams.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment, up to 25 lbs.
- HAZWOPER and/or Emergency Response training preferred.
- Highly collaborative, enjoys working within a diverse team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct, troubleshoot basic problems, and address root causes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Attentive to details.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity position in Niron via stock option grant
- 401k plan with company match
- Mental healthcare support including therapeutic care
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Experience in a fun, high-performing, venture-backed startup