TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nano separation materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our high-powered team is comprised of scientists and engineers, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated, quality minded Manufacturing Supervisor to build an efficient manufacturing operation. The Manufacturing Supervisor will lead a small manufacturing team engaged in the production of TeaPore’s filtration devices, will play a key role in transferring new products from R&D to Manufacturing and leading technology scale-up. The Manufacturing Supervisor plays a crucial role in overseeing and coordinating the production activities within TPT operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1. Supervision and Leadership:
- Lead and supervise a team of production associates, ensuring adherence to safety regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Develop appropriate operations metrics to measure and communicate product quality, process efficiency, yield, and overall productivity.
- Use these operations metrics, provide guidance, coaching, and support to the production team to ensure consistent product quality while continuously improving process efficiency and productivity.
2. Production Planning and Scheduling:
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop production schedules and plans that meet customer demand.
- Monitor and adjust production schedules as needed to respond to changes in demand or other factors.
- Ensure onsite inventory matches production demand
- Collaborate with R&D to ensure that R&D needs for production equipment and personnel are met while also balancing customer need.
3. Quality Control:
- Ensure production processes meet quality standards and specifications.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to proactively identify and address defects or issues in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure any anticipated process or product changes are analyzed and approved by the management team prior to implementation.
4. Resource Management:
- Manage and allocate resources effectively, including labor, materials, and equipment, to meet production goals.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and logistics to ensure smooth operations.
5. Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to improve quality consistency and cost reduction.
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement initiatives and production KPIs to enhance efficiency and reduce waste.
6. Training and Development:
- Ensure compliance with SOPs, safety protocols, and responsibilities.
- Provide ongoing training and development opportunities for existing staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with other departments.
- Provide weekly updates on key production metrics to Senior Management to inform about production progress and any challenges or deviations from the plan.
8. Safety Compliance:
- Enforce and promote a culture of safety within the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that all employees follow safety procedures and use protective equipment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of production activities, including production reports, inventory levels, and quality control documentation.
10. Problem Solving:
- Address and resolve issues that arise during the production process promptly.
- Analyze root causes of problems. Document and implement corrective actions.
Key Qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 2+ years in a Supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of membrane manufacturing and/or device assembly is a big plus.
- Understanding of cGMP requirements in life sciences or health care is highly desirable.
- $90,000 - $120,000; depending on experience