QC Laboratory Technician
TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products. TeraPore is seeking a QC laboratory technician specialized in microbiology to make an impact in bringing TeraPore’s technology to the market.
As a QC Lab Technician, your primary responsibility is to perform quality control testing and analysis on in-process samples and finished products to ensure compliance with established standards and specifications.
- Maintain virus stocks and bacterial cell lines used for the plaque assays
- Preparation of media, buffers, and other protein solutions for testing
- Execute testing with established protocols for assessing filter performance using as-prepared solutions
- Perform plaque assays
- Perform all tests and duties with accuracy and good lab practices
- Report QC results and any deviations from standard testing protocols to the technical manager
- Perform basic data analysis
- Ensure proper calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Adhere to all relevant quality control procedures, protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and organize laboratory records, ensuring that documentation is complete and compliant with quality standards
- BS degree in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related area
- 1+ years laboratory experience in industry required – QC operation experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in bacterial cell culture is required.
- Previous expertise with virology plaque assay is a plus
- Proficiency in basic data analysis software (e.g., Microsoft Excel) is required.
- Experience working in aseptic conditions
- Complies with company policies and practices with an emphasis on safety, uniformity and quality standards including properly disposing of solid and liquid hazardous waste.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in conducting tests and recording results.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Knowledge of relevant quality standards and regulatory requirements