Customer Success Account Manager
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
Our Customer Success team’s mission is to drive successful and timely adoption of Voltaiq software at our customers in order to maximize customer value and ensure contract renewals and growth. You will guide customers along their journey through deployment, training, workflow analysis, best practice adoption, and KPI evaluation. You’ll build close relationships with both Voltaiq end users and business stakeholders within customer organizations, in order to understand customer challenges and deliver solutions that provide value at every level. You’ll interface closely with our sales, Applications Engineering, Battery Engineering and Product teams to ensure customer needs are met. This role requires technical acumen, as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. This position reports to the Vice President of Customer Success.
- Main point of contact for customer commercial discussions including responsibility for increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) at customer sites.
- This includes partnering with the Voltaiq sales team to craft account and program strategies that will deepen customer relationships and drive incremental business opportunities.
- Develop solid, trusted customer relationships and grow them over time.
- Become a trusted, strategic advisor to our customers, helping them identify, quantify and achieve their goals through the use of the Voltaiq platform.
- Responsible for developing strategic account management plans (SAMs) for Voltaiq’s top tier customers. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Map battery data workflows at customer sites and opportunities for Voltaiq to support these workflows
- Develop long term strategy and tactical plans for implementing Voltaiq software at customer site to integrate into customer workflows
- Execution of SAMs in coordination with the application engineers, battery engineers and product teams.
- Empower customers to become experts with the Voltaiq platform and transfer the knowledge you create while solving their problems.
- Identify and surface customer pain points and requirements to the Product team for inclusion in roadmap planning.
- Monitor and ensure customer success, including health, usage metrics, and user surveys.
- Up to 40% travel for customer meetings and industry events. Most of this travel will be within the United States, but some travel to Asia (Korea, Japan, Taiwan) and Europe will be needed.
- B.S. degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 3 or more years of customer-facing and project management experience in strategic account management, management consulting, strategy, or other relevant experience, ideally in a rapidly-paced top-tier consulting firm, services, or technology-related environment.
- You have demonstrated success working directly with clients, including developing account strategy and building senior level relationships.
- Experience in the battery industry in some capacity (testing, manufacturing, consulting, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong organization skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests, a strong sense of how to motivate others, and an uncanny ability to “get things done.”
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment.
Voltaiq is a remote-first company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. The salary range for this position is $100,000- $180,000 +equity, depending on location and experience.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.