Sr. Battery Engineer
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Our customers are world-leading brands — including global automakers (Mercedes-Benz ), household-name tech giants (Google, Amazon), and major battery producers and their materials suppliers (Albemarle, Sila Nanotechnologies) — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is a USA-based fully-remote company serving customers around the world.
The Sr. Battery Engineer is first and foremost a battery expert. They are ingrained in the battery industry and use their battery knowledge to work cross-functionally across the entire Voltaiq team. Using their domain expertise, the Sr. Battery Engineer interprets and translates the needs of the customer’s battery scientists, using this knowledge to help tailor the Voltaiq Product and ensure a fulfilling, valuable experience for customers. The Sr. Battery Engineer will own technical projects or co-own technical products related to organizational-wide high impact goals for Voltaiq and product commercialization. The Sr. Battery Engineer works strategically with the customer success team and closely with Voltaiq’s business development, sales, product, and engineering teams. The Sr. Battery Engineer is responsible for staying on top of trends across the battery industry, ensuring the Voltaiq product offering matches and exceeds those trends.
- Build strong technical relationships with customers and establish technical partnerships with customer engineering teams, with the goal of helping Voltaiq’s customers bring their products to market faster and develop best-in-class batteries and electrified products.
- Meet regularly with our customers to understand their objectives and the workflows, and work with the customer to achieve those workflows directly in Voltaiq.
- Work closely with Voltaiq’s Customer Success team to ensure customer program goals are set and goals provide value to the customer’s engineering teams and customer’s executive teams.
- Work closely with Voltaiq’s product management team to ensure the product is built to serve the specific battery analysis needs of our customers.
- Deliver engaging and compelling product demonstrations, both in-person and via web conference, to existing customers to support them in their battery development processes.
- Work cross functionally with the Voltaiq team to ensure battery knowledge is ingrained in all aspects of the organization.
- Support the sales and customer success teams to win new or increase existing business.
- PhD in STEM field with battery specific research or STEM B.S. with 3+ years experience in the field.
- Battery testing/engineering industry knowledge.
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and drive technical projects to completion.
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment.
- A passion for working to accelerate the global transition to clean energy.
- Up to 30% travel to customer sites for meetings and software integration projects. Most of this travel will be within the United States, but some travel to Asia (Korea, Japan, Taiwan) and Europe will be needed.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese.
Voltaiq is a remote-first company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. The salary range for this position is $100,000- $160,000 +equity, depending on location and experience.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.