Senior Director of Engineering for Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Microgrid, and EV Infrastructure Projects
Xendee (www.xendee.com) the leader in transforming the worldwide energy landscape, is seeking outstanding, energetic, and creative minds for innovative science, engineering, and consulting work. For many of our clients, we perform microgrid, renewable energy, and EV infrastructure projects. We model economic benefits and technical aspects in distribution systems with our Xendee Microgrid Design and Control platform.
We are seeking a Senior Director (full time) for our San Diego location; remote work is possible and supported. You will be a key member in working with the executive team in guiding our engineering and development work. We are seeking a creative and flexible person who is willing to guide our internal engineering and science team with algorithm development work and at the same time is hands-on and eager to perform technical tasks. Furthermore, you are also supporting our clients with their complex modelling tasks.
As Senior Director of Engineering you will perform following tasks:
- Work with the executive team, engineering, and software team on new algorithms and products.
- Lead the development, testing, and demonstration of new DER and microgrid algorithm capabilities.
- Engage with our clients and support them on their modelling needs.
- Work closely with the sales, marketing, and customer success team.
- Perform coding and algorithm tasks.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills along with abilities to think innovatively and independently, to explore, simulate and optimize various aspects of distribution energy systems and microgrid systems considering electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills are needed.
- MS (preferable PhD) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or similar technical education) with experience in engineering science relevant to distribution grids, distributed energy resources, microgrids, and electric vehicles. Extended Knowledge in Operations Research, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and forecasting.
- 5-year experience in energy modelling and operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and perform in a collaboratively teamwork environment, and professionally interact with a broad range of partners, stakeholders, and the executive team.
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out work and lead a technical team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and record-keeping skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in preparing both technical and executive level reports.
We offer an innovative, flexible, and growing international work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.