Senior Engineer for Distributed Energy Resources (DER), Microgrid, and EV Infrastructure Projects
Xendee (www.xendee.com) the leader in transforming the worldwide energy landscape, is seeking outstanding, energetic, and creative minds for engineering and consulting work. For many of our clients, we perform microgrid, renewable energy, and EV infrastructure projects. We model economic benefits and technical aspects in distribution systems with our Xendee Microgrid Design platform.
We are seeking a senior engineer (full time) for our San Diego location; remote work is supported. You will be a key member in our engineering team and provide algorithm development work. Furthermore, you are supporting our clients with mathematical and power flow modelling and optimization.
As a Senior Engineer you will perform following tasks:
- Support the development, testing, and demonstration of new DER and microgrid algorithm capabilities.
- Engage with our clients and either lead their project modelling or support them on their modelling needs.
- Support proposal writing for consulting work.
- Collect project data, use Xendee software technology, interpret results, and prepare client presentations.
- Support the business development, sales, and customer success teams.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills along with abilities to think innovatively and independently, to explore, simulate and optimize various aspects of distribution energy systems and microgrid systems considering electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. Furthermore, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are needed to interact with our clients.
- MS (preferable PhD) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or similar technical education) with experience in engineering science relevant to distribution grids, distributed energy resources, microgrids, and electric vehicles.
- Experience in energy modelling, optimization techniques, and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and perform in a collaboratively teamwork environment, and professionally interact with a broad range of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out work.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and record-keeping skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in preparing both technical and executive level reports.
We offer an innovative, flexible, and growing international work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.